We are looking for Part III Architect and Architectural Technologists with UK experience particularly for industrial and storage in existing and new buildings.
We are an established London-based practice, with a growing portfolio of work across a diverse range of sectors, with a team of hands-on Partners and skilled Architects and Technologists.
This new role will assist the development of a growing new sector for commercial office and storage buildings on existing and new sites in and out of town in the South of England with D&B appointment.
This role requires taking responsibility for projects from start to finish, preparing planning, design and construction drawings, reports and specifications and working collaboratively with a Partner. For some projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants, and contractors; on others, you will work collaboratively in an in-house team. An eye for detail is essential together with experience of modern industrial buildings.
Role & Responsibilities
• Working on projects from inception to completion RIBA stages 0-7
• Preparing feasibility designs and submissions for planning approval
• Ensuring CDM requirements are satisfied
• Preparing detailed designs, working drawings and specifications.
• Overseeing projects on site including site inspections
• Ensure the running of the project is kept within the financial goal and deadlines
• Working alone and within small teams as projects require
• Reporting to the Partners on project progress
• Some projects are outside of London and will require travel.
Required Skills & Experience for Architect/Architectural Technologist
• Recent Part III Qualified, ARB registered, Architect OR
• A CIAT qualification, or a university degree in Architectural Technology or equivalent
• UK work experience in a building design capacity, including extensive experience of construction of new and existing buildings at all design stages
• Experience of design and build contracts
• Able to demonstrate a practical approach and experience of construction detailing
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UK Statutory and Building Regulations
• Good working knowledge of Vectorworks and Sketchup would be advantageous
• Applicant must be based in the UK and be able to show evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
• A driving license is advantageous
Our office is located inside the vibrant Grade I listed Union Chapel, very close to Highbury & Islington tube station. We are a family-friendly practice and are fully set up for remote working and can discuss flexible working hours if this is suitable.
Full-time position; salary dependant on experience.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and portfolio to: email@example.com
We regret that due to the number of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. No agencies, please.