We are looking for an experienced Conservation Architect with at least 5-7 years post part III experience. The job has prospects of advancing to Associate level and working on a range of heritage projects.
We are a growing London-based practice, with a team of hands-on Partners and skilled Architects. You will be supporting the team on projects including residential extensions; refurbishments; repair projects; conservation of churches and heritage-at-risk buildings, a number of which are Grade I listed. This role requires taking responsibility for projects from start to finish, including preparing drawings and specifications, working collaboratively with a Partner. For some projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants and contractors; on other projects, you will be asked to work collaboratively in an in-house team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on numerous projects from inception to completion RIBA stages 0-7
- Preparing designs and submission for planning approval, listed building consent or CofE faculty
- Ensuring CDM requirements are satisfied
- Preparing detailed working drawings and designs; site inspections
- Keeping up to date with the latest statutory building regulations
- Ensure the running of the project is kept within the financial goal and deadlines
- Working alone and within small teams as projects require
- Reporting to the Partners on project progress
- Some projects are out of London and will require travel.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III Qualified, ARB registered, Architect with 5-7 years’ UK experience
- Experience of working through a variety of RIBA stages
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach and experience with detailing
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- Experience of working on historic buildings, preparing heritage reports, including condition reports, heritage impact statements, statements of significance, etc.
- A conservation qualification would be welcome
- Good working knowledge of Vectorworks would be advantageous
Our office is located inside the vibrant Grade I listed Union Chapel, very close to Highbury & Islington tube station. We are a family-friendly practice and are fully set up for remote working and can discuss flexible working hours if this is suitable.
Salary Guide: £35,000 to £42,000, or negotiated depending upon experience.